Making Our Message Heard
The ORA speaks out on behalf of accident victims and those who support them. We inform, educate and build community by reaching out to others, consulting with and sharing our efforts and perspective through position papers, presentations and submissions.
The ORA participates on several key committees including FSCO’s Service Provider & Industry Working Group and Anti-Fraud Committee.
We advocate vigorously and effectively to influence policy and public opinion on behalf of our members and the accident victims they support.
We develop and present position papers to government committees and decision makers. Since December 2013 we’ve made presentations and substantive submissions relating to:
- Dispute Resolution System Review
- Pre-Budget Hearings of the Standing Committee on Finance and Economic Affairs – January
- Minister of Finance’s Pre-Budget Consultations – February
- MIG Protocol Development Project – February
- FSCO’s Three Year Review of Auto Insurance – March
- Commentary on KPMG’s Automobile Insurance Transparency and Accountability Expert Interim Report – April
- FSCO’s Statement of Priorities – May
- Response to KPMG’s Stakeholder Survey re Commentary on Automobile Insurance Transparency and Accountability Expert Interim Report – July